30 August 2011

Soulmates?

Only around six months or so ago, I'd have laughed if someone tried to bring up the idea of soulmates. I was so disenchanted with life and love that I honestly couldn't even bother. Why bother, after all, when all men are assholes, and the odds of finding that One Perfect Person is so small it's absurd? Yeah, I did the bad marriage thing and it made me rather, ah...wary of the opposite sex. I'd firmly determined that I wanted nothing at all to do with men, period.

The one thing I did do, however, was let go and let God take control of my life. I made a move which seemed scary and completely ridiculous to me, taking a huge risk in moving down the entire east coast of the US with the hopes of starting a new life. Why not? I figured. I was about to be thirty, a single parent once more, and divorced to boot. What did I have to lose?

As it turned out, absolutely nothing, and everything to gain. Moving was the best thing I've ever done in my life, bar none. If I hadn't, I couldn't say that I, through direct result of it, found my One True Love. Yes, I used to be disenchanted with everything to do with relationships, but meeting K changed all of that. Never in my life have I been so happy, loved, scared, appreciated, overwhelmed with intensity, the list just goes on and on. It's been truly amazing and a real blessing from God, that he should have set me on the path here to real, lasting happiness.

Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment