16 July 2011

The Abortion Debate-- There IS No Debate.

Abortion is one of those hot-button topics that's bound to spark controversy no matter the venue. I know I personally have been sucked into just such debates on numerous occasion. The fact of the matter is that everyone has their opinions.

Truthfully, though, how many of those opinions are based on simple fact?

I used to be one of those women that considered myself personally pro-life, but believed in the rights of other women to make their own decisions. I've come to realize over the course of time how completely backward that view is.

Rather than write my own little bit as to the reasons why I've come to feel this way, I'll put it straight with this:


This woman is, in my opinion, absolutely correct. I couldn't have said it better myself. Why, in fact, try to stop ANY of the world's injustices when "people are going to do it anyway"?

The fact of the matter is that abortion is simply that: murder. I don't need some priest on a pulpit to tell me it, either; left alone, the human baby will grow in remarkable ways, and does so from conception.

  • By week four- before a woman has even noticed a missed period- the developing baby will have implanted itself into the wall of the uterus, no longer floating freely in the womb.
  • Around the sixth week, the developing baby has a heartbeat and is growing an umbilical cord, as well as both eyes and ears.
  • At eight weeks gestation, babies are growing arms and legs with noticeable places for fingers and toes. They are also developing intestines and teeth under the gums.
  • By the tenth week, the baby is fully capable of moving on its own, although the movements are too tiny for the mother to notice. Most of the major joints in the baby's body have been developed by this point.
  • Near the end of the first trimester (twelve weeks), a baby's organs and body structures are nearly completely formed. Fingers and toes are separated and clearly visible, and hair and nails are also beginning to grow.
These are all documented FACTS about the growth of a baby in utero, and that's just the first trimester-- a time period in which most states will allow any woman to have a legal abortion. I'm sure many don't even stop to think about all the changes that are taking place within these tiny beings when they decide to murder them.

That's right. I said the dreaded word, and I'll say it again.

Abortion at ANY stage of pregnancy is murder, plain and simple. 

Saying "If I CHOSE to continue the pregnancy (read: let my baby live), it WOULD EVENTUALLY develop into a baby", "I just can't afford to raise a child right now", and "It's my body, and I'll do what I want with it" is complete bull. Nothing but platitudes. 

Women, keep telling yourself that you have no choice.

Keep justifying your decision because it's your body.

Keep fooling yourself into thinking that you're "doing what's best" for yourself or your growing child.

Keep on killing your babies.

There is no debate about abortion. If you practice it, that's exactly what you're doing.


- Pregnancy statistics provided by Stork-net's Pregnancy Week-by-Week Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment